Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rocky Mountain National Park...

Oh the beauty! Rocky Mountain National Park is the most beautiful place I have ever seen! It is expansive. It is majestic. It is perfet!

We were blessed to arrive just two hours after they opened the road for the season. Winding along the road from Grand Lake to Estes Park was just spectacular. A long day of driving for sure since we were stationed in Vail but it was worth every mile!

The kids at the Grand Lake entrance:



Within a few hundred feet of driving into the park, we saw these guys:



We took a short walk across several feet of snow to experience the tundra. At this altitude (over 12,000 ft!), the climate is too harsh for the trees to grow. From this vantage point, you can clearly see where the tree line stops and the tundra begins:





If I could go again tomorrow, it would not be a day too soon! This is truly a place that everyone should experience!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, mom, that place was gorgeous! And Screwloose was being civil enough to take a picture with me. ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great vacation!! We get to fly OVER the Rockies next week.

Mad wants to comment on B's blog, but it's set to team members only. Didn't know if you could invite her or not or if you want it left to team members. Just let me know so I can tell M either way. Thanks!!! (mikeandsheri4@valornet.com)

Jennifer said...

No pressure or anything...but what's up with you these days? :D

Just messing with you! I hope you are having a fabulous summer.

Love,
Jen

Ronette said...

OK, Jen, I caved to the pressure and put up something new today. I also visited your blog.

I *miss* you!