Monday, August 3, 2009

Buried under a pile of curriculum

We officially began our 11th year of homeschooling today. Turned Loose is a new 11th grader. Footloose has begun 8th grade. And, On the Loose is enjoying pre-kindergarten.

I must admit that, due to the events of the summer, I have had no motivation to plan the new year. The older kids take classes through The Potter's School (see the left side bar for a link) and those classes do not start until September 14th. So, I only have to plan the lessons for the classes I facilitate for them. Even so, my motivation is non-existent.

Maybe this is part of the reason why. This pile is just history books:



I had to dig into the box where all of this was stored in order to find the logic book and Bible curricula that Footloose will be using this year. I also need to find some pre-k stuff.

I really must figure out a better, more efficient storage system then just throwing it all into a big rubbermaid bin!

When I dig myself out, I will post about how I plan high school: how I store records, what I keep, what forms I create, etc. That way, maybe I can remember my system when it's time to plan again! :-)

1 comment:

Imcombobulated said...

Oh my! That IS an abundance of books! I'm glad I'm still on the pre-K front too! Congrats on 11 years of homeschool!