Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm Giddy!

Apparently I'm incapable of taking non-blurry pictures today. Or maybe it's my eyes since I've hardly slept the last three days. At any rate, here are some photos of today's progress!



The new French Door out to the backyard:




Look! Just look at those cabinets! I can almost see myself cooking on that stovetop...well...when the stovetop actually goes in.



Here's part of the island. On the right is a pull out drawer with two trash cans. On the left is a corner cabinet with a built in lazy susan.




Here's where the sink will be in the island. There are some narrow drawers to the left for towels, dishrags, etc. The empty space in between the two parts of the island is where the dishwasher will go.




And here's the "butler's pantry." Guess who the butler is? Me! :-) The microwave will be built into the empty space and there will be a granite countertop where I can put the toaster and coffee pot.




Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

3 comments:

A said...

Best of luck! I know from experience how inconvenient a kitchen remodeling project can be.



http://www.studenthandouts.com

Laurie Wallin said...

Hi! I just found your blog because we use similar tag-lines (and so I guess have a similar take on life as moms and Christians! :). Thanks for your posts. Looking forward to hearing more about your kitchen and getting to know you!

I'd love to have you visit my site too. Seems like we have a lot in common!

livingpower.blogspot.com

Ronette said...

Thanks for taking a peek! :-)