Friday, May 1, 2009

A Week of Preschool

This week was fun! On the Loose and I centered our week around The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. It's one of his very favorite books! I found some fun craft ideas online and, I think, we did at least one each day. Here's a sampling:

This was actullay a picture I tore out of one of his "Do a Dot" books.



This was a worksheet I found online  here.



He loved coloring the foods and tracing the letters. It was a great activity for teaching him the days of the week.




Here's a caterpillar we made. The idea came from this link.


We also made Carisa's Tot Book. He wasn't quite as into it as last week's book but still enjoyed it. 

Aside from our caterpillar specifics, we did lots of other things: worked on memorizing a Bible verse, math with funtastic frogs and teddy grahams, playing outside, etc. It was a fun week of preschool to be sure.

For fun, here's a video of him reading the book. Footloose got it recorded for me so it's her voice you hear in the background.



We're looking forward to next week. We'll be having fun with Cordoroy!

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a great week! I loved the video. :)

Anonymous said...

He's getting SO big! Adorable!

Goodwife H.

Ronette said...

Thanks for stopping in Julie and Goodwife!

He is big and adorable but, oh my, does he still have that naughty streak! :-)