Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wow! Pig dissection...

Today was a homeschooler's dream! We got together with some of our friends and dissected a fetal pig. One of the moms in our group is a physical therapist so her anatomy and physiology training is fantastic. She led the kids through the dissection with such knowledge and enthusiasm!

Screwloose was in heaven! He's taking a biology class this year and had, up until today, only dissected a frog and an earthworm so this was great. Anyone who knows him knows that he has had a passion for science since he could talk.

Here are some photos of our day:









Here's On the Loose taking a peek:



And...here's a picture of the baby for good measure :-):



Thank you so much to my friend Donna for taking the time to perform this lab, yet again, for those of us who couldn't make it the first time. Thank you to Erika, too, for allowing us to dismember pigs in her yard. You gals give homeschooling moms a good name! :-)

Should I mention that our "specimen" came home with us today and Screwloose has been continuing the dissection all afternoon? The kid was born to be a scientist!

(Sorry about the formatting again! Good grief! Why can't I get this right?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the Loose is such a little camera hog. ;-) Yesterday was pretty fun. When Screwloose didn't hog the pig, that is.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Ronette! Those pictures are...wow! (yuck are my words, but I don't want to offend your budding scientist!) :)

I'm glad to see you are "back" to blogging! I would not worry about being witty...I often read other blogs and think the same thing, but you know, we each have something unique to share with this world! The way we say and share our lives doesn't matter as much as the fact that we DO share! :)

I also love seeing pictures of all the FIAR kiddos on the blogs!! So I will hope with you for a smaller camera and easier access for blogging purposes! :)

Love,
Candace

Ronette said...

"Hog the pig!" ROFLOL!! You are too much, sweet girl!

Ronette said...

Candace, you are so sweet to encourage me today. I'll try not to compare myself to your blog which I love! :-)