Saturday, April 18, 2009

Finally a successful steak!

I've tried for years to make a good steak. My husband of darn near 20 years loves steak. My 16 year old son loves steak. Unfortunately for them, I can't cook meat! 

That all changed tonight! Per my last entry, I confessed that I have been spending some time at The Pioneer Woman. While browsing her cooking section, I saw a recipe for "pan fried rib eye steak."

Oh. My. Goodness. I have died and gone to heaven! That was the most delicious, juicy steak I've ever eaten! My family loved it! I served it with roasted red potatoes and a blue cheese wedge salad. We are happy and content tonight!

I can't wait to try another of her recipes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. My mouth is watering just reading this posting! Sounds delicious!

Goodwife H.

Leslie said...

Great job Ronette! You are such a sweetie to keep on trying. I'm not a good steak fixer either - my dh usually just does it on the grill. I may need to check out that site.

Blessings,
Leslie

Ronette said...

Let's see...the steak was so good that I made the one I had left over for lunch today and shared it with the big kids. Steak for lunch on a Tuesday afternoon? Mmmmmmmmm!