Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Boy have we been sick!

We finally arrived home from San Francisco (via Santa Rosa) on Sunday, April 5th after two complete weeks of travel!

We first spent a week in San Francisco (well, technically, in Larkspur...Don commuted in by the ferry each day). That was followed by a two day debate tournament in San Jose. We left San Jose on Sunday and spent the day in San Francisco again. From there, we spent another week in Larkspur with Don working in The City. 

Tuesday of that week, Turned Loose came down with something terrible. He was in bed in our hotel room the entire day barely able to move. I knew we would all start falling since we were trapped in that room together with no where to go. Of course, Footloose and I came down with it next on Wednesday. On the Loose was next on Thursday. The big guy finally got it on Friday. 

It was miserable! Body aches, fevers, sore throats, chests full of mucous, terrible coughs, etc. But, we were now in Santa Rosa for another tournament! The kids did well in spite of nearly loosing their voices. 

Like I said, we returned home that Sunday but all of us were still sick. It lasted the longest for me. In fact, now two weeks later, I still have the cough.

Last Saturday, we went to my dad and stepmom's house to have an Easter celebration. Half way through dinner, my precious little sister informed me that her daughter (my beautiful little neice) had thrown up on the way from home and apologized ahead of time if we got sick. Ummmmm.....sis! You should have told us this before you exposed us!

Guess what? We most of us got it! Monday saw Don, Turned Loose and Footloose fall victim to the evil stomach bug. I came down with it yesterday.

The worst part is that we were supposed to leave yesterday for Modesto to compete in one final tournament of the year. There was no way we could travel in the condition we found ourselves in. So, we had to disappoint the kids' debate partners and pull out at the last minute. And...our season is now over until next fall. 

I think we are finally on the mend. I'm the last to heal. I'm still coughing from the original bug and am still a bit weak from the stomach thing but I did catch up on the mountain of ironing today, did a few loads of laundry and vacuumed the master bedroom!

And, to my dear sister: Hey! Next time tell us that you all have "the crud" before we get there! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, such is the life with kids! My guys are going through something right now (Horrible headaches, fevers, body aches, chills, nausea) So far Mike, Mad and I have all escaped it.