Friday, April 24, 2009

A week of preschool

On the Loose loves preschool! He asks to do it every day...all day every day! Now that we are finally back home and into our regular routine, I cannot deny him any longer. This week, we had lots of fun surrounding the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault.

I printed the pages for a "Tot Book" from Carisa's site. I also color copied the cover of our copy of the book here at home and we made a "Tot Book":



On the Loose had a great time with his book! He sorted letters, colored the coconut tree different colors, spelled out his name with stickers and identified shapes.


He's really enjoying his preschool corner and regularly tells me, "Daddy built me this preschool corner. Wasn't that nice of him?"


I also printed and colored this version of the coconut tree so that he could re-create the story whenever he wanted.




Our plan for next week is to make the "Tot Book" for The Very Hungry Caterpillar. That is definitely on of his favorites!

No comments: