Monday, March 2, 2009

Prayer

The Lord is teaching me a lesson in prayer this week: Pray for those who persecute you. I always expect persecution from outside the church but persecution from inside the church still surprises me.

Through this experience, I am mindful of the times where I have been guilty of what I am now facing. I have gossipped. I have stuck my nose into other peoples' business and gotten some strange satisfaction in passing it on to others. I'm sure I have even "shared" my own "interpretation" of actions and events that ended up looking not so much like the truth when I was done. 

I am praying that the Lord will continue to convict me of these things. I also pray that He will convict those who are guilty of the same. Lord, please teach me to forgive others even as you have forgiven me.

The continued lessons that He brings into my life are faith building. I count it pure joy when I suffer trials of many kinds because trials produce perseverence and perseverence hope. My hope in Him is where I rest.

As a side note, I want to offer this caution: Everything you say online is suseptible to being read by someone. The photos you post can be snagged and used in a way you did not authorize or intend. Be careful what you say as not everyone has your best interest at heart.

With love to my friends and thanksgiving to my Lord,



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope things are straightening out. You'll be in our prayers.

Barb said...

I am sorry for what you have been through, Ronette! I will say that the times I have been forced, through circumstances out of my control, to practice forgiveness and blessing those who persecute me (from other Christians as well) have been some of the sweetest times I've had in the long run. It stinks at the time, but the fruit is yummy!

Love you,

Barb