Tuesday, March 24, 2009

San Francisco

We've spent quite a bit of time in San Francisco recently. My husband has been working for Pacific Gas and Electric one or two weeks per month for the past six months. The kids and I have had the opportunity to travel with him for four out of the six weeks he's worked there since the beginning of January.

We've stayed in Larkspur which is about 12 miles north of the city. It's quieter and lots cheaper than staying right in San Francisco. We are very conveniently located across the street from the ferry landing. He takes the boat each morning he's there and it drops him off at the Ferry Building in San Francisco. He walks about three blocks and is at the office. The kids and I have also taken the boat over several times. On the Loose, in particular, loves these rides and chatters the whole 30 minutes about the surrounding sites.

I thought I'd share a little photo essay of The City....

The view walking out of the office where Don has been working:





A local flower stand on Market Street:



The Federal Reserve Bank located on the next block over from PG &E:



The view looking up Market Street from the waterfront:



The Ferry Building at the foot of Market Street...the front sidewalks are transformed into an amazing farmer's market twice a week:



Inside the Ferry Building...there are all kinds of amazingly tasty treats in here:



The skyline as you approach on the ferry:



A water view of Coit Tower:



The Golden Gate Bridge from the ferry:



Not in San Francisco but this is San Quentin Prison from the ferry. Our hotel is literally about a mile from here. :-)



A guard tower at the prison:



This is the view as we first board the ferry. The hotel we've stayed at a few times now is just behind those trees.



I'll share more pictures from around the city soon! Although I don't ever think I could be a true big city dweller, I have to say that I really do enjoy San Francisco!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, "And a sudden wave of homesickness takes over Sheri".

Ronette said...

It's a great place, isn't it? :-)

Anonymous said...

Very fun posting! I felt like I was walking in your shoes!

Goodwife H.