Friday, January 9, 2009

Field trip Friday



I love the Pacific Ocean. Really love it! For me, it represents power and serenity all at the same time. The crashing of the waves soothes my soul.

Today, we embarked on a field trip to the Palos Verdes Pennisula where the Pacific streches out for what seems like eternity. We visited a nice interpretive center and then just enjoyed the fresh breeze and gorgeous scenery.

The above photo is looking south (I think...a lot of our beaches here actually face south...) towards the lighthouse.

Looking toward the north:




The view of the ocean from the Interpretive Center:





This is a view of the homes facing the ocean. Yes, each of those is a single dwelling!



We ended the trip with a great time of fellowship over lunch. Our little group has taken so many fantastic field trips and this one was no exception. I am so thankful to have such easy access to such an incredibly beautiful part of creation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!! There are a few things I miss about California, being a hop, skip and a jump away from the ocean is one of them.

Anonymous said...

makes me miss San Diego. I went to Point Loma for my first year of college. I also have spent a fair amount of time on highway 101... LOVE IT