Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Excuse me while I vent...

So, why does everything have to always happen at once? Life has been pretty complicated for several months without much end in site. Now, in the midst of family health issues, among other things, our plumbing is giving us fits.

Last Friday my dryer died and my plumbing (wahing machine, kitchen sink and bathtub) started backing up. A plumber was here for 8 hours, yes 8 hours, cleaning the kitchen sink line. He said that the kitchen sink problem was also the cause of the laundy line issue. OK, fine.

We go out on Saturday and buy a new washer and dryer. Of course, we didn't really need a new washer but I really hated the old one so we bought a set. They were delivered today and, when we tried to test the washer, the water starts backing up the pipe and spilling onto the floor.

Hello? Remember the plumber that supposedly fixed this problem last Friday? I called them back out and the tech told me that the snake is pulling back mud...that I probably have a broken pipe 15 feet under the house and that I need to schedule an appointment to have two inch camera run through the line to find the problem.

So, I still can't do any laundry despite my pretty new washer and drier and the anxiety is building over the extent of this plumbing issue. It just seems that we can't catch a break at all!

I need to start thinking now about what I will be thankful for on Thursday! :-)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

My house is about the age of yours if I recall. So I feel your pain. There is ALWAYS something to fix! Praying it is less trouble than you think it might be and that your pretty new washer and drier is up and running asap.

Alana - The Mommy said...

What? And you didn't offer your old washer and dryer on RAK? LOL!

Hope you get your troubles fixed up really soon! Many hugs!

Ronette said...

Now, see, I knew I missed something in all the chaos! LOL!! RAK....you crack me up! See my title: OFFER: RAK DEAD DRYER! LOL!!

The washer is going into my yard sale in a few weeks. :-)

Jen, these old houses...I don't know. We have another plumber here as I type running a camera through a couple of our lines to see if we have a break somewhere. Sigh...

Anonymous said...

Yes, *sigh* *cough* but I still love my house *cough*