Thursday, October 16, 2008

Do you see more grey hair today?

On me. Not on yourself.:-)

Where in the world has the time gone? On the Loose looks like the identical twin of Screwloose at that age. Wasn't it yesterday that Screwloose was asking me to play blocks with him; to make him a sandwich; to sit down so he could sit in my lap?

Today marks the beginning of a new era: Screwloose is beginning driver's ed! How can my little guy be considering getting behind the wheel of my car? I still picture him in the carseat in the back pointing out all of the police cars on the road. I still hear him asking me a million questions from behind while his mind worked non-stop.

I just cannot believe that he is approaching adulthood and that he will soon drive out of my sight onto his own adventures without his mom to keep an eye on him and protect him.

It's so hard to let go and to watch him grow. On the other hand, it is exciting to see what the Lord might call him to do and to watch how he will follow. My prayer is that he will take all of the things his dad and I have taught him and go out and make a place for himself all the while showing compassion and generosity to those around him.

Drive safe, son. The road before you is full of twists and turns. Your dad and I will always be home to re-direct you when you get lost and give you directions along the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about you and praying for you sweet friend. Thought I'd check up on you and see what's up. ((((Ronette)))

We just went through Driver's Ed too! He isn't all that intersted in actually driving though. ??? It is hard to watch them grow up sometimes! I don't want these years to fly by!

You have a great perspective! I miss you friend!

Love,
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Oh, on you! Because yes, I did notice more grey hairs the other day...sigh.