Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall! Glorious Fall!

Or...at least somewhere, I'm sure it's glorious! I have a romantacized version of fall in my head where leaves transform into brilliant colors and gracefully make their way to the ground where tiny little feet crunch, crunch, crunch in them.

Somewhere, the deep hues of orange, red and yellow burst forth in magnificence! I'm sure that there is a chill in the air and the scent of a comforting fire wafting about. In my mind's eye, there are families giggling as they snuggle together to drink warm, spiced apple cider.

In reality, I live in Southern California where it is 95 degrees today and the Santa Ana winds are blowing. The only leaves on the gound are the ones that the the winds have forcefully removed from the trees. There are no fantastic colors. In fact, each "season" here looks virtuall the same as the last.

Don't get me wrong--I am completely content where the Lord has placed me. I live close to my elderly grandmother and have the blessing of having her as a integral part of my family's life. My husband works close to home and doesn't fight the California commute. My neighbors are wonderful.

But, I do dream of experiencing a true fall! One day, maybe, I'll find myself on a fall foliage tour in New England and be just giddy. I'll wear a warm sweater and sip hot chocolate while I walk along a quiet road. I'll fall asleep content with my new experience.

Until then, I am living vicariously through the blogs I visit. I'm thankful that some of my fellow bloggers have shared their falls in both pictures and words with me! Candace in the south; Dawn in New England; Ann in Canada.

If you have any beautiful fall photos on your blog, drop me a line with your link so I can live vicariously through you, too! Enjoy your fall, wherever you may live!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE fall also!!

Anonymous said...

At the Mom's meeting the other night, we were talking about how a good majority of us want to move out of state. We want to experience what you have just written. Erin, who has lived out of state, said that Californian's do have 4 seasons. We have: The windy season which leads into fire season, rainy season (kind of), and the hot and dry season. I thought that was pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

Ronette, I'm so bummed for you that you don't get to experience this. I don't think I realized just how many people don't get the beautiful colors. It is my favorite time of year! :)

Thanks for the link, though! I'm glad you were able to live vicariously through some of your friends! :)

Candace

Anonymous said...

I went out today and took pics just for you, my dear.

Thinking of you this week as you remember Katherine. ((hugs))