Tuesday, December 16, 2008

And the Winner is...

Thank you all for having fun with me. :-) Footloose and I read all of the entries and each chose five. We had three of the same five. After a short discussion, we agreed on our five finalists.

We put those five names into Footloose's stocking (made for her the year she was born by my friend Heather...it still looks brand new!). Turned Loose made sure they were mixed well and On the Loose drew a name.



And, the winner is:



Lisa will be receiving the coveted box of chocolate covered strawberries! :-)

Thank you all for sharing your stories with us. Footloose and I thought Ruthanne deserved a special shout out for the funniest entry!

As for me...I received a special gift Christmas of 2006. When our Katherine passed away, I told my husband that I would one day love a piece of jewelry with a sapphire (her birth stone) in her honor.

A few weeks before Christmas, he took me into a local jeweler. We'd had lunch at an Italian place next door and Don knew the jeweler through his involvement with our local Chamber of Commerece. We had been meaning to stop in for some time.

I found a gorgeous ring in one of the cases with three diamonds across the front. I shared with Don that it was exactly what I had in mind but with a sapphire in the center instead of the diamond. We left the store and I forgot about it.

We were celebrating Christmas at home early that year because we had plans to travel to Williamsburg and Washington DC over the Christmas holiday. So, we were having our family Christmas the Sunday before. We were all ready to go to church that morning when Don stopped me at the door and said something was missing. I asked what and he said, "I'm not sure but I think you might find it in Katherine's stocking."

I reached in to her stocking and found a small box. The tears began to flow as I opened the box and found the ring. The diamond had been exchanged for a beautiful sappire that shined like the love in my heart for my dauther in heaven.



I wear it every day and am reminded of her waiting for me and for my husband's gentle love which he constantly showers upon me.

May each one of you bask in the gift of God's love for you this Christmas and I pray that He blesses you and allows you to be a blessing to those around you. You are all a blessing to me.

Merry Christmas, Friends!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Lisa (I don't know you, but I sure am happy for you)! Ronette, yours is the best Christmas present story ever! I love hearing it! I hope you do another blog give away sometime. That was fun.

Love,

Michelle

Unknown said...

Yay for me!!!!

Thank you, Ronette and family.

I promise I will tell everyone how great they are. *wink* *wink*

I love your favorite gift story and remember when it actually happened. It's good to remember, even when it's hard, right?

Merry Christmas!!

Amanda Towne said...

Awww, Ronette! I love that story! Your ring is beautiful.
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

It's an honor just to be nominated....(glares over at Lisa)


JUST KIDDING!!


I think your story wins hands down Ronette. I've given birthstone earrings to friends who've lost preborn babies, but that pales in comparison.

Ronette said...

Ruthanne, what a sweet and thoughtful gesture to your friends.

I think I'll do antoher give away at Mother's Day in honor of my Mother in Law. :-)

Lisa, your berries are on the way! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ronette- your story of the ring brings tears to my eyes!! The ring is beautiful!!

Jennifer said...

It's beautiful Ronette, just like you and your sweet daughter who waits for you in Heaven.