Friday, December 5, 2008

An Easy,Yummy Treat...

During this season of Christmas gatherings and cookie exchanges, I find myself looking for quick and easy things to make that will make mouths happy.

I thought I'd share one such "recipe." :-) I call them peanut butter blossoms. They couldn't be easier! The ingredients are simple: a tube of sugar cookie (or peanut butter cookie) dough and a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter cups.



I use my Pampered Chef mini muffin tin. Roll the dough into one inch balls and drop them into the greased (I spray it with Pam) muffin cups. Put them into a pre-heated 350* oven. My oven has to be babysat. It's ancient and doesn't cook consistently. With that in mind, they take about 6 minutes in my oven but I would guess 8-10 minutes in a normal oven. :-) As soon as they come out of the oven, gently push a peanut butter cup into the center of each.



Let them cool completely and enjoy!





Note: You could definitely make your own cookie dough and peanut butter cups from scratch but then it wouldn't be quick or easy...although it would still be yummy!;-)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you press them into the center w/o squishing the peanut butter cups? They look delish. Are you bringing those tonight?

Michelle

Ronette said...

I said "gently" push them in. ;-)

Actually, if you don't overcook them, the peanut butter cups are very easy to push in because the cookies are plenty soft when they are straight from the oven.

You know me...kitchen challenged! If I say it's easy, it's a no brainer! LOL!!

I wasn't planning on them tonight. Footloose is making choc chip cookies. But, I do have the ingredients. I could always whip up a batch so you could do a taste test! :-)

Anonymous said...

They are also really good when made with brownies (Only push them in before baking).

Amanda Towne said...

Yum!!! I've never tried these, but have seen the recipe a gazillion times. If the candy goes on sale, I'm making these babies! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! I have done a recipe similar to this but with brownie mix instead of the cookie mix. I will have to try it with the cookie mix. Thanks for sharing Ronette.