Saturday, December 27, 2008

A gift for Grandma

A couple of months ago, my grandma handed me the scrapbook I gave her 10 (no, the zero is not a typo!) years ago for Christmas and told me to finish it. Ten years ago is when I started homeschooling and, well, I really haven't done much of any scrapbooking at. all. since that time. I'm sure my fellow homeschoolers can sympathize.

Plagued by guilt, I realized that the woman is 87 and does deserve to see as many of her photos done as possible, I decided I'd have to do at least a few pages before Chrsitmas. Of course, I procrastinated until the day before Christmas Eve but I finally got four layouts done.

They don't look anything like the beautiful layouts in the scrapbooking store but she seemed to enjoy them and that's what counts. She did try to hand the book right back to me but I shook her off and told her I'd work on some at home and then just bring the pages when I come to visit (which is about 2-3 times a month). She looked skeptical but didn't seem to want to push on Christmas after all.





(I have *no* idea why Blogger is rotating this photo! But, I can't get it to post right...oh well...)




I love that woman and am glad that I could give her something special! Merry Christmas, Grandma!




(BTW, I will definitely be getting this book back when she goes home to the Lord. So, I did scrapbook the original pictures but they are all scanned into the computer in case anyone else would like to have prints.)

5 comments:

Amanda Towne said...

Beautiful job, Ronette! I'm just getting ready to start scrapbooking--it's a little (okay a lot) intimidating!

Anonymous said...

what a special gift!!

About Ontario, Madi was so upset when she realized where we were and she couldn't see Brenna! She's still talking about it. Would have been great to see you.

Brenna said...

That is so not cool that you guys were in ONTARIO!!

Yeah, nice scrabooking pages, mom. Mhmmm... ;);););)

Marie said...

The pages are beautiful Ronette. I'm a fellow scrapbooker. This summer 4 of my sisters and I completed 5 scrapbooks that documented my parent's lives from childhood to present for their 50th. It took some marathon scrapbooking sessions to get them done but was completely worth it. They actually took them to bed w/them becausethey couldn't put them down. :D I bet your grandma feels the same about your gift.

Ronette said...

Thank you for the compliments, girls! I'm not very confident in my scrapbooking ablities but I know my grandma loves her new pages! :-)

Marie, that story about your parents is so sweet!