Friday, November 28, 2008

The Day After Thanksgiving

Around our house, it is a tradition to pull out the Christmas decorations on the day after Thanksgiving. Today was no exception.



Part of what is special to me is pulling out one particular box. It contains 20 different ornaments that were sent to us four years ago from our friends at Five in a Row. They chose the theme of angels and sent us ornaments from around the country in honor of our Katherine. Those ornaments continue to minister to me each Christmas. I re-read all of the card and letters that came with them and thank God for those who prayed for us and cared for us as we walked that very difficult road.



Thank you, friends. May God fill your holiday season with joy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How special!! We will put up our tree tomorrow. Today was spent in the Black Friday madness. (And I am worn out!! LOL)

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! And how sweet about those ornaments from the FIAR moms...I had heard about the quilt they did, but not the ornaments. :)

Candace

Anonymous said...

Oh and YES I am done shopping! Wahoo!

Anonymous said...

Your tree is beautiful Ronette!

You gave me tears in my eyes when I read about the angel ornaments in honor of Katherine. I was apart of the board back then but don't remember this, just the quilt. I somehow missed it. How incredibly special!

Hugs!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful tree! So glad you still enjoy those angels.

Merry Chrsitmas dear friend.