Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to my family and friends!

I'm thankful today. Thankful for Advil and coffee and a husband who got up with the baby. I woke up with an outrageous headache right over my right eye. Don brought me some Advil and let me sleep for another hour and a half. It was still there when I finally got up but not as bad. Now that I'm sitting with my second cup of coffee, I can feel just the last traces of it.

I'm thankful for my kids! They are a great bunch! The older ones are so helpful (in fact, Footloose is in the kitchen making my "famous artichoke dip" to take to my inlaws' today). Having our "later in life blessing" has been a challenge as he is such a strong willed fellow. Thankfully, we have four "big people" in the house to help tame him.

Speaking of our little Mr. Naughty Pants--how thankful we are for him! He is such a little love bug and he is so funny! He makes us laugh every single day.

I am so thankful for my husband! He is truly my best friend. Recently Footloose said to me, "I just love watching you and Dad together. He loves you so much. I hope I find a guy like that to be my husband." That's my prayer for her, too.

I am thankful for my church family. We are so blessed with our pastor and are so well cared for by our friends. It is such a joy to watch the Body functioning healthily and passionately!

I'm also so thankful for all of you! You make me smile to think that you check in here to see how I'm doing. You share my joys and frustration. Thank you for lending me your ear and for being such good friends!

Happy Thanksgiving! May the Lord bless your family!

No comments: