Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Orange County Fires...

For anyone who is concerned about us, we are fine right now but the fires are close...very close!

The closest is only about 3-4 miles from us right now. It seems that much of our area is currently up in flames. There have been thousands evacuated and dozens have lost their homes. The smoke is so thick it is hard to even breathe and it seems to be raining ash everywhere. The high school around the corner from our house is currently a shelter.

I don't know what the night holds for us but we are praying for those who are being affected right now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay safe! Oh and about the freeways, you're right those freeways are crazy. Mike learned to drive in the Bay Area, I learned to drive in Northern California, we have VERY different driving styles. We tease that it's because he had to have supremely quick reflexes so he doesn't drive very "smooth" (does that make sense).

Ronette said...

Oh! The Bay area freeways are just as brutal as they are here! When we've been on vacation, I always immediately tense up when we re-enter the area and have to deal with the crazy drivers!

Yes, it makes sense. I'm sure Don adn I drive much like Mike. :-)

Midwest Miscellany said...

Hope you and yours are still safe Ronette. Prayers sent your way!

Ronette said...

Thank you so much, Wilma!

Jennifer said...

Ronette, I have been praying for you. For some reason I can't get my computer to cooperate with Facebook the last few days, though I could SEE that you had mentioned the fires. (Just can't add my own comments there for whatever reason!)

Anyway, I am saddened that you are even anywhere near such a dangerous thing and am praying for you and those you love!