Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Junie B. Jones....or?

Footloose is participating in speech this year through NCFCA. One of the speeches she is working on is a humorous interpretation cut from a Junie B. Jones story.

If you've ever read Junie B., you'll know that every story starts the same, "My name is Junie B. Jones. The B stands for Beatrice except I don't like Beatrice. I just like B and that's all!" So, we've been hearing this opening endlessly around our house. So endlessly, in fact, that On the Loose has gotten in on the act.

At first, he was saying, "My name is Junie B. Jones. Except I don't like Christmas. I just like B and that's all." He finally got it right, though, and has been saying it often.

However, Footloose just came out of their shared room to tell me his new version (by the way, it is 10:22 pm and he should be asleep!). Anyway, here's what he's saying, "My name is crybaby. The B stands for baby except I don't like baby. I just like B and that's all!"

You know, almost a year ago, my pediatrician was showing great concern for my little guy because he was only saying a small handful of words and not stringing any of them into sentences. I wonder what he will think when he sees On the Loose next?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Older siblings can have such an incredible effect (that's not the word I am looking for, but I am seriously lacking sleep since SOMEONE got me hooked on the Twilight series) on the youngest of the family.

Ronette said...

Oopsie! Sorry about the Twilight thing! LOL!!